Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a tough schedule. LOL!

Smithtown East Bulls coming in at number 23 according to LILj. Mount Sinai was ranked 21 in same ranking. The Bulls were 10-5 in the regular season last year and got into the playoffs as a five seed where they defeated both fourth seeded Commack and top seeded Ward Melville to make it all the way to the Suffolk Class A County Finals where they gave the reigning two-time Long Island champion Northport Tigers everything they had where their season came to an end.
This season so far SE girl has 79 goals 38 assists for a total of 117 points, which is leading all of Long Island.
SE girl had 6G4A vs Longwood. 5G3A vs Floyd, 5G4A verse Northport, 4Goals vs Melville etc... all top teams... Face guard with a backer in every game!
I think Northwestern knew what they were doing when the picked her up after her performance last season.

Northwestern knew what they were doing? Go back to the 2023 class and see how those leading scorers did at the next level this year. You may be surprised.

Nothing surprising there. Most top HS players do not get significant playing time as freshman. There is a lot involved such as upperclassmen ahead of you, injuries, portal. Any girl who gets to play even a little as Freshman is lucky because some don’t even touch the field. You can’t score goals if you’re not playing.I know one girl who was a top HS player, but hardly played this year at a top 20 school. She was not happy and entered the portal. She currently has 4 official visits set up to other top 20 schools. I don’t necessarily agree with that because I think things change dramatically as a sophomore when you are in line for a starting position or at least a playing position. That’s why it’s so important to pick the best school and not necessarily the best lax program. Northwestern is a program that is graduating a lot of starters, so there is a chance that a freshman might play there, however, there are also a lot of talented players that have been patiently waiting there tern as well as the portal, so you never really know what will happen. This goes for all schools.

Exhibit A:
Look no further than last years northwestern freshman #25 who Started all 22 games ... Totaled 53 goals and 17 assists, was third on the team with 56 draw controls

Not sure what that has to do with the comment? That girl is a rare exception. She was able to fill a unique role where all of the attention was on two of the best to ever play. Good for her, but not typical.
Not a tough schedule. LOL!

Smithtown East Bulls coming in at number 23 according to LILj. Mount Sinai was ranked 21 in same ranking. The Bulls were 10-5 in the regular season last year and got into the playoffs as a five seed where they defeated both fourth seeded Commack and top seeded Ward Melville to make it all the way to the Suffolk Class A County Finals where they gave the reigning two-time Long Island champion Northport Tigers everything they had where their season came to an end.
This season so far SE girl has 79 goals 38 assists for a total of 117 points, which is leading all of Long Island.
SE girl had 6G4A vs Longwood. 5G3A vs Floyd, 5G4A verse Northport, 4Goals vs Melville etc... all top teams... Face guard with a backer in every game!
I think Northwestern knew what they were doing when the picked her up after her performance last season.

Northwestern knew what they were doing? Go back to the 2023 class and see how those leading scorers did at the next level this year. You may be surprised.

Nothing surprising there. Most top HS players do not get significant playing time as freshman. There is a lot involved such as upperclassmen ahead of you, injuries, portal. Any girl who gets to play even a little as Freshman is lucky because some don’t even touch the field. You can’t score goals if you’re not playing.I know one girl who was a top HS player, but hardly played this year at a top 20 school. She was not happy and entered the portal. She currently has 4 official visits set up to other top 20 schools. I don’t necessarily agree with that because I think things change dramatically as a sophomore when you are in line for a starting position or at least a playing position. That’s why it’s so important to pick the best school and not necessarily the best lax program. Northwestern is a program that is graduating a lot of starters, so there is a chance that a freshman might play there, however, there are also a lot of talented players that have been patiently waiting there tern as well as the portal, so you never really know what will happen. This goes for all schools.

Exhibit A:
Look no further than last years northwestern freshman #25 who Started all 22 games ... Totaled 53 goals and 17 assists, was third on the team with 56 draw controls

Not sure what that has to do with the comment? That girl is a rare exception. She was able to fill a unique role where all of the attention was on two of the best to ever play. Good for her, but not typical.

Can’t wait to watch SE kid play with #25. Righty and a lefty from Long Island!