Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
“I agree with those coaches. What teams are you talking about? Very selfish to go play in school girls if your team is in the playoffs. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, gotta get mine....
What should we expect? The sport has been ruined by delusional parents who have no understanding of the game or of team sports in general.”

That’s just ignorant .First off you can only tryout if your coach recommends you . If your coach recommends you then they must be okay with you going . Second , the tryouts are before you know if your high school team has actually made the playoffs . If you are going to the tryouts and make a team and don’t go that’s worse as you have taken the spot from someone . That said schoolgirls is less prestigious than it used to be and a lot of kids don’t tryout for various reasons .The person saying the talent pool has dropped off is clueless.

Talent pool is off.

It’s the same mantra of the clueless dads with older kids , my kids year was so talented but clearly the younger groups are fading . My kid graduated high school in 2016 and the same nonsense was said about her class compared to the 2014 , and 2015 classes . It’s not like LI has won the schoolgirls tournament every year . Last year other states teams were weak because who wants to travel to LI to play which is probably one of the reasons LI did not have some kids try out this year . Stop being ignorant .