Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not even sure where to begin. First your kid graduated years ago but you are still posting on the high school thread ,time to move on. Have never seen anyone on this site boasting about their kid changing the landscape, seems a little dramatic. Not to knock Shoreham but they have not been the exemplary program in Suffolk for some time so its seems you are living in the past or just being ignorant. You can talk about GC all you want but that's one town, the overall talent in Suffolk is better than Nassau and has been for some time and it shows in the numbers of LI Championships. My guess is you tried to change it into a MS vs GC because you realize you don't have a leg to stand on or just too ignorant to follow what the original post was about.

Following a sport of any type means you're a fan, and not just coming on to boast while living through my kid, No I'm not turning into G.C. vs, MS because there is no comparison. There is nothing ignorant about stating facts like over the last 6 to 8 years, encompassing more than just 1 cycle of grads, no suffolk school can claim as much success as a Nassau school, hence not dominate. How can I be living in the past if GC won last year? Never said SWR was winning now, just that they were the closest thing to a true Lax community like GC. or 'set, right until the YJ travel parents became a thing. How about this , name one Suffolk school that has any type of consistent winning tendency besides MS? and I mean longer than 5 years. Look I know Lacrosse is relatively new to most suffolk schools, and you feel like you need to brag to make yourself feel better about not playing yourself when you went to school out here, but past and recent history proves your still playing catch up. Winning weak divisions state wide and having your coaches pick their players to UA doesn't make you dominate. [/quote]

From 1995-2017, Garden City has won 15 state championships. All of the Suffolk schools combined over that same period have won 12. Add the rest of Nassau and it is 21 to 12. Suffolk has awesome lacrosse, a nice 3 year run from 2015-2017, but do it over a 20 year span and then come on here and beat your chest.