Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your daughter is a 2021 but summer after 8th grade she was UA150? Its for rising sophomores & juniors not sure how thats possible she was selected in 8th grade? Total waste of money to pay $150 for UA AA when teams are pre determined. Of course its free if you make it everyone else paid your daughter's dues. notIntelligent to suggest girls turned it down who were waitlisted why bother applying? I think most of those claiming they were waitlisted were rejected. Again rosters, commits, coaches all available online along w/ parisi results. Lacrosse parents are fragile

The UA150 changed 2 years ago. In 2017 it was for rising 9th and 10th graders. In 2018 it was changed to rising 10th and 11th graders. So the 2021 class actually had 3 opportunities to attend UA150. Most of the top players went in 2017, the summer after their 8th grade. After realizing what a terrible money grab it was most of the top players did not attend the last two years. If you speak to any 2021 parent from M&D, SW, YJ, Heros, etc you will be told to save your money and not go to UA 150. Of course many of those girls are the ones you falsely claim are pre determined to make the UA AA teams. Like I said in a previous post, there's a reason Nike 120 folded. The coaches no longer support it now that it is midweek in the summer as opposed to the winter. Spooky Nook Indoors were started because CR already had it reserved for the UA150 when the recruiting calendar got changed in 2017. I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money. People asked for opinions on the event. Considering the 2021 class had 3 chances to attend I would think our class parents would have the most insight. You do what you choose.