Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top programs take anyone that can write their name as long as they help the team. Coaches walk kids in all the time. Watch the player interviews after televised national title games in football and basketball etc. its embarrassing and there are usually really good academic schools playing.

For a dead end sport like lacrosse, tell your kids to hit the library more than the wall

What a Jack A$@ you are. You call it a dead end sport yet you are on this site. Just about every person that I know has understood that the end game is to use lacrosse to help your child get into a school that they otherwise would not get into and possably get some financial help. Along the way our kids get all of the benefits that go along with competing and playing a team sport.

Our children also learn how to deal with negative, bitter haters like you. Troll

Great response .What that hater does not get is almost all sports are essentially a dead end in that very few if any will make a meaningful living doing it .The things that you can get out of playing a sport like lacrosse are essentially priceless but people like that poster will make it so they and their kid get nothing but misery from it , feel bad for their kid.

For any parent of a young player who may not be very familiar with women's lacrosse and the opportunities available.

To put it in perspective here are the Universities that could be considered "Top Programs".

Maryland
North Carolina
Florida
Northwestern
Syracuse
Penn State
Boston College
Princeton
Penn
Duke
Notre Dame
Virginia
Stony Brook
Navy
USC

Pretty good list of schools that are able to walk the top players in.

The best players in the country get to choose whatever school they would like to go to. Depending on their situation they can choose the right fit from the list above. If they do not like any of those schools all of the other programs will welcome a top player with open arms.

No need to fear if your daughter is not being recruited by any of the schools listed above. There is no shortage of great schools that will be recruiting her.

So if your daughter is a decent player but Maryland and North Carolina are not showing interest here are some schools that might have a spot for her.

Albany,American, Arizona State, Army, Binghamton, Boston University, Brown, Bryant, Bucknell, Cal Berkley, Colgate, Colorado, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Delaware, Davidson, Elon, Fairfield, Furman, Georgetown, Harvard, Hofstra, High Point, Jacksonville, Johns Hopkins, James Madison, Lafayette, Lehigh, Loyola, Manhattan, Marist, Marquette, New Hampshire....

Well, you get the picture.

Find for me another sport with more opportunity for young female athletes. If your daughter is a decent athlete and puts some time into the sport of lacrosse the opportunities far exceed that of any other sport.

Those are just some of the DI Schools, there are also awesome opportunities at the DII and DIII level. To say that women's lacrosse is a dead end sport is simply foolish. BTW, the majority of lacrosse parents that I know do have their kids hit the library more than the wall.

Your post was one of the more foolish posts that I have seen on this site.

Like with anything in life you get out of it what you put into it. I personally know several grads of the first five schools on that list that would have trouble passing 12th grade regents exams after getting college degrees, but at least they had a shot at an excellent education, without sports they would have never sniffed those schools (maybe Syracuse)