Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lol at your puffing your chest and questioning my intentions in my post. My daughter is in 6th and plays for YJ 25, yes the good team... Just stating it is certainly a consideration I'd have if faced with that decision. Everyone else can do whatever they feel is best for their daughter. My point was I've heard people say they had overlooked that aspect of the decision and were only looking at size and skill to determine if their daughter belonged with the varsity group. Yes, physically girls may develop earlier but mentally they are still in 12-14 age in 8th...(and not too many 14's unless they are hold backs jocko).

Actually a good number of non hold backs who are " brought up' are 14 by the time lax season starts. If your daughter plays for the top YJ team you can bet that many of her teammates will be playing varsity while in middle school and it is an advantage lacrosse wise at a critical time. As far as the social aspect who exactly is playing on your high school team , is it filled with social misfits and kids that are having inappropriate conversations , if thats the case you may want to move out of the district. My daughter was moved up and had nothing but positive experiences , if your kid belongs there and they will help the team win the girls are very accepting of them. Nobody overlooks that aspect of moving their daughter up they just come to realize that whats on TV is far worse than what goes on at a high school girls lacrosse practice.