Originally Posted by Anonymous
They have some of the best players on LI on that St. A team. Many of them are very capable of being superstars. I think the coaching made that team and players look very average this year. Players can only do what the coach allows them to do. The coaches make the plays. Not sure they knew how to use the players to the best of their abilities ? Or what players to use where? It was evident when they played the better competition.

With better coaching, I think that team would have been a top 5 team in the country. Just like the pre-season rankings had them at. They had that pre-season ranking due to the talent level of the players. The talent was still there. So, what happened to them?

The talent was overrated if you are the most talented team you don’t beat a public school like Manhassett by 2 goals and lose to Wantagh. The team wasn’t as talented as in years past and it showed. You can blame coaching however the players didn’t perform.

You can have some of the best musicians in an orchestra, if the conductor doesn’t know how to conduct those musicians, you will not get very good music! There is a reason orchestras have conductors and teams have coaches. You need to be able to bring it all together. Otherwise, it’s just noise. There was a lot of just noise at St. As this year.

That team had just as much talent ,if not more to work with as the years past (look at roster). The 40+ roster probably hurt them? It appeared towards the end, it still looked like they were still trying to figure out who and where to play the players? I think half on that team barely saw any significant playing time? Sad. It Just didn’t seem to gel for them this year. Their “stars” were not put in their best light to shine.

Isn't the head coach at St. A's the same though? what changed?