Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can not believe the number of parents coaching their daughters from the sideline. People who really do not understand the game are yelling out instruction to their kids. I can only imagine what they are telling their kids at home. Note to parents, please stop telling your kids what to do on the field. You are not helping, you are hurting the team.

I agree with you.Every kid is playing club nowadays. For these parents the committing and recruiting stakes are the end all be all. Used to be you only played your opponent but today parents view their kids as playing against their teammates. Go to GOAL!!! Used to be a great team game, not anymore. Too much college BS and me first play.

Not sure that club has anything to do with it. I think it comes down to coaching. A strong HS coach will put an end to the selfish play very quickly. I think when you have a weak HS coach they do not know how to handle the selfish players so the behavior is allowed to continue. It is not only the head down go to goal every time you touch the ball that is a problem. The player who is constantly out of position, getting in the way of her teammates, constantly running all over the field calling for the ball, chasing the ball when re-defending and or playing defense while leaving an open player or space. (that type of play might be worse than the run of the mill ball hog).

Some people do not understand that it is a team game. I guess they do not care, if the team loses but their daughter scores a few goals everything is great.