Originally Posted by Anonymous
“NOBODY wants to see it “

Wrong again, I hope I see my daughters team stalling every game but that does explain why you hate it so much as your kids team must never have a lead .I think the shot clock has been a great addition to the college game but just think it would be a mess for many below average high school teams such as your daughters team . You think players and coaches are running up scores now , add in a shot clock and the scores will be 40 -0.

you're lost

I can’t believe that somebody is actually on here defending the stall??? I spent many years going to the NCAA post season, watching great lacrosse games, and the stall was used very lightly at the end of games, sometimes. Then Northwestern came along.... by the end of their dynasty, the last couple of years that they won the championship, the games were unwatchable. Not sure if Amonte pioneered the stall but she certainly was on full display utilizing it to win the championships. Can’t blame her, do not think they would have won all those years without playing stall. Against the top teams they would slow stall on the start of every possession to burn clock the entire game. Then it became a heavy part of many teams game plan. Thank god for the 90 second shot clock, really needs to be brought into HS game.

And it doesn't have to be 90 seconds in HS initially... start at 120 seconds or 180 seconds. That is a long time to work with for an Offense and allows the defense to get the ball back...