Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every sport deals with bad or different refs and blaming a game on it is really challenging and just sounds like excuses I know but here is what I see as a challenge and a potential fix. I was a referee for soccer since I was in high school(great money by the way for a teen) and it is really tough to be a ref. Everyone has a different angle and different interpretation of the rules. Let face it, if we ask what’s shooting space, we would get 200 different answers on this site. The challenge I see in the sport is that unlike other sports, lacrosse neither has a head ref or a 3 person consistent team that works all games together.

Because of this, every ref calls things differently and it is impossible for teams to adjust to a reffing style during the game like other sports allow. If a ref calls a game tight, you adjust what you do but when one ref calls a tight game and the other allows a more physical game we are not allowing the girls to adjust mid game.

Either assign a team the entire season(with occasional subs of course) or adjust the game to have a 3 man ref system similar to soccer where the secondary refs raise their flag for what they see as a foul but leave it to the head ref and whistle to decide what to call

The later could cause a little slower play but I think consistency is a much better approach even if the whistles come slower

Agree, and a shot clock is needed desperately. Holding the ball for 9 minutes is NOT the way lacrosse is meant to be played. Brutal to watch!