Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the reply.I was told by an AD friend of mine that the coaches in your conference actually vote.That would be the correct way to award post season honors.A head varsity coach picking his own players doesn’t make much sense.All that does is bring politics and bias into the decision IMO of course.
Anybody else want to weigh in on their thoughts.Is this just lacrosse all all varsity sports.

Not 100% accurate, it's not a random vote. Each coach has to nominate his/her own players, how many players a team gets is determined by where that team finishes. You will not see a number 5 team with more All-County players than a number 1 team. There has always been some hourse trading as well... and it is definitely a "you vote for my kid and i will vote for your kid between some coaches"... It is also a little bit of everybody gets a trophy, there are always players from the top teams who do not receive any accolades and there are players who are awarded All-County from weaker teams who would not start on a top team.

The coaches and maybe even the AD's do not like parents to know exactly how it works because they do not like to answer the questions from disgruntled parents. It is much easier for the coach to tell the parent "sorry, she didn't get the votes".