Originally Posted by Anonymous
The girls taking the 5th year will be the ones that were already planning on being grad asst coaches as they get their degree. I'm sorry I have a problem with kids and parents that still wont grow up and will "hold back" yet again so their daughter can play a meaningless 5th year. Its lacrosse. Only us parents care. And it ends...

I am not going to begin to say I know whats right or wrong and whether a 5th year of lax makes sense in the totality of circumstances but at this point in the athletes career I cant imagine its about the parents at all. These girls are 22-23 years old. The only thing I will add bc I am seeing it all over with friends kids (mine are younger so not experiencing it yet), is that summer internships are being cancelled (college and grad school), job offers being revoked or in limbo; companies don't even know if they will come back, etc . . so if an individual has an opportunity to "delay" or "hold back" and financially it makes sense for the then cei la vie. To me this is the same as the holdback argument which has now filtered down to the "boys 2027 grad forum." No one knows what is best for another nor does anyone know the totality of anyone's circumstance. And no I am not the parent of a holdback.