Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I watched the Matt @ WI scout tape last night. The Matt. coach is cooking the books.

Normally I would just ignore someone like yourself but having the film myself I decided to take a look. First off you must be some kind of bitter person to take the time to watch a film and obviously have a game against WI this week its not difficult to figure out what team you are from.
Looking at the film I would assume you are not debating goals scored so it must be the assist thing, by my account Mattituck goals 3,4,7,8,9,10 were all on assists, goals 1,2,5 were not. Which one of those are you contesting and what is your definition of an assist. I do the score book for our team and have done so against Mattituck in the past .Each time they have had an adult doing the book as opposed to many teams that do not and seemed conscientious in doing so.
Whats amazing is there is a film showing that their stats are correct yet you are so ignorant as to call them out on it when it makes it so easy to make you look foolish.

The last goal scored in the game was caught on 4 steps taken then a roll dodge on defender taking three steps to a shot. This is from US Lacrosse.

3. assist: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one assist per goal may be recorded.

3. assist: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal
without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one
assist per goal may be recorded.
The guideline to award an assist includes two parts: there must be a pass made to the
recipient; and the recipient must take a shot. If the passer (potential assister) is able to move the ball
to a teammate (recipient), who has maneuvered for a good or more advantageous position to take a
shot, then the passer can be awarded with an assist. If the shooter, after receiving the ball from her
teammate (passer/potential assister) must outrun or maneuver around any excessive defensive
pressure before shooting, no assist can be awarded. It is not necessary for the shooter to possess
the ball for a specific length of time, nor must the shooter limit the number of steps taken after she
receives the ball for a shot. The only deciding factor, after the recipient receives a pass from her
teammate, is the amount of pressure the recipient (shooter) had to evade to put her into a position for
the shot, if any.

So there is the full definition of an assist. A few things are obvious from your post. To start reading comprehension is not one of your strengths. The fact that your main argument is how many steps a player has taken when in the definition it actually states that number of steps taken is not relevant shows you are really slow. The fact that you made up the number of steps taken when it is not relevant tells me you are desperate.If you think the shooter was under excessive pressure ( defined as more than normal) it just shows again you are just not very educated. The fact that you feel the team should have gotten 6 not 7 assists shows that there is something deeper going on than an assist and that you must be a bitter jealous person.
In the end the definition of an assist does leave some gray area, my opinion on this one is that an assist should have been recorded. I can tell you when my daughter played in college their book keeper was very lenient with both the home team and away teams while other schools not so much.
My main concern is not so much with your ignorance but more in general with people like yourself who hide behind a computer .Your wife and kids know you are a flaccid little man who would never do the right thing and approach people in person when you think something wrong is happening .You obviously know who these coaches are you should approach them and speak your mind.We all know that will never happen.

Sorry - More than 4 steps is no assist - its just a pass.

Why 4 steps, because that gives you a more advantageous position