Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question re: D1 recruiting. DD getting invites now for prospect days in September. These are very small (say, capped at 30 players) and I would never be able to find them on my own, emails are coming directly from the coaches and not automatic responses. Money grabs or legit opportunities?

Yet, D2 school that is actively recruiting her already has her down for a prospect day weekend and no mention of the $100 or whatever these things tend to cost.

I realize it’s a drop in the bucket in lacrosse dollars but at this point, I’m not interested in forking over $100 for a prospect day when she could just be invited for a visit.

Don't know about D2, but D1 cn not have invite only clinics. Many coaches want to see and work with players at a camp or clinic before making an offer, and will communicate they'd love to see a player at xyz (by telling club coach, for example, if prior to 9/1 junior year). Maybe some send targeted emails prior to 9/1, but it can be hard to interpret level of interest without player talking to the coach or getting feedback through club. My daughter is older, but if I had a 2023 I would not sign up for anything in the fall until after 9/1. Wait and see who actually contacts your daughter and focus your time and money there. A prospect day prior to 9/1 could be helpful if you already know program is interested, or your daughter really, really wants to get on coach's radar, but probably not necessary for players a program has seen and already have high on their list.