Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to Mount Sinai for bringing home the IL indoor National championship. Way to represent Long Island lax.

Congrats to Mt Sinai very impressive yesterday. If you don't think Bert is the top coach on the Island you just aren't paying attention.

I agree, then it does make you wonder why our '21 YJ team just can't compete. Maybe because he NEVER makes any changes, we've had enough of the losing. Unfortunately, I think more is on it's way this summer. Congrats MS, great job girls.

I will say it makes me wonder. In years past the YJ B teams would dominate B divisions and those teams could compete with all but a handful of the A division teams. This 2021 B team are hardly competitive in B tournament divisions. The multitude of club options has depleted the club's ability to put a highly competitive second team on the field. I still feel Bert does a good job with what his is given.

If you were a high school coach, and coached a travel team, would you pick all girls from your high school town to play on your team? YES you would as it will make the high school team much better when the girls get there, having played together and under the coach for many years leading in. He is certainly not the only coach doing this, but obviously he is having the most success at it. It may cost the travel team from being competitive today, but it will certainly help his school team down the road, sorry but those kind of politics are all over.