Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Totally agree - only share specific info if it will be helpful to someone else. Otherwise best to keep the details to yourself. Everyone will be working through their own process. Every kid is different and although everyone thinks they know where they stand in comparison to their teammates, recruiting can completely change everything and really mess with the player’s and parent’s perception. Everyone just needs to be true to themselves and find the match that best suits ALL the things they are looking for in a college - academics, size, location, coach, team culture, etc… Lots of very important things to consider. If your daughter stays true to who they are and what they are looking for, they should find their perfect match. For anyone who has had a child go through Greek recruitment at a southern university, recruitment is very similar but times 100!! Not for the weary!

What a great analogy - the Greek Life at Southern schools! I say take the Southern Gentility a bit farther and keep all but pertinent info to yourselves. We've had convos about coaches who only take middies and turn them into defense or attack. That talk is fine.

Speaking of coaches and what they like- does anyone have any insights on any schools or coaches? Not to name names, but to lessen the pain when you don't get the school you want? For instance my neighbor said he didn't push his daughter onto certain schools because she wasn't the right height for that school. Anyone else have any insightful stories? I don't want my daughter to go barking up the wrong tree.

You know your daughters style of play. If you watched the college games this past spring you could probably see what school plays her type of game and what type of player they like. Its important to be realistic on your daughters ability and can she play at a certain level. There is a spot for everyone.[/quote]

I agree! Interestingly I feel my daughter is probably a good fit to schools we just can't afford. How do you get past that? So exciting to be offered a school, but what if you can't afford it?