Originally Posted by Anonymous
I could see some crazy parents trying to sabotage a kid they thought was getting looks over their own, so for that reason I think it makes sense to keep recruiting conversations to oneself.

I'm the prospect invite mom from above, thanks so much for the helpful feedback. I suspect that it's a legit opportunity, I never would have found the link to sign her up without a very directed email from the coach herself. But it's certainly different than the d2 invite which gave us several weekend options, social time with the girls, campus tour, team meet and greet etc. I think we will see what happens on Sept 1 and have a better idea of what the big picture looks like. DD's dream schools will not be contacting her to play lacrosse (UNC, MD not happening), but she is open to finding a new dream school based on the opportunities that present.
Prospect days are rough-I would only go if the coach calls on Sept.1st and tells your daughter that they want to see her play. My daughters had hand written post cards to prospect days and we shelled out bucks to go to 2 prospect days at one of their tops schools. Then, on 9/1 crickets from that school-I was quite salty over that for a while. I also saw many, many girls get invites and go to fall prospect days. The coaches hand select one or two groups of their top tier kids and only watch them at the prospect days. A lot are money grabs.