Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes !! The coaches want to win !
They picked the players that will help them win !

I’ll bet all my money the negative comments are from parents of players that did not make the cut.
stop it - Use this as a way to make you daughter work harder instead of teaching her to make up excuses - adversity builds character!!

The coach can't even get her team into the NCAA tournament. Her players are good, not great. Many of the actual best girls were cut because of favoritism. My daughter did not try out since she is only in 9th grade. I have watched this process on boys and girls side for many years, and it is a total joke. As far as adversity building character, it's interesting if you follow kids cut from these teams that deserved to be there over the favors (we all know who they are) you will see that the majority went on to become college All Americans, where as the questionable kids picked by their college coaches didn't do much. Those are the facts, and it's a shame that US Lacrosse allows this to happen! As far as winning, this tournament is a joke, no other country knows how to play lacrosse with the exception of Canada mens, so stop with your best chances of winning, my daughters 9th grade YJ team would beat every team that the USA team plays.

And there you have it......read the last sentence...little YJ bee parent informing all that he/she is some kind of authority (oh yea, they all are), lets se....., daughter didn't try out-but little parent bee knows who should have been picked for team,, the tournament is a joke-little parent bee feels need to opine, little YJ bee parent has evaluated the process for "many years"-therefore knows more than the coaches doing evaluations, "the actual best girls were cut"-I guess little parent bee was observing the selection process, and of course the "shame" that this is allowed to happen. ........and they wonder how they get their reputation.

You can try to change the subject, unfortunately facts don't lie. Tournament is a joke and US Lacrosse is incompetent. Excelling on a college team is a true sign of a great player, not being picked as someones favor for a low level tournament. Wait till they make the next round of cuts, will be another shshow! Like watching a car crash!