Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's the problem you have someone put names of kids that in their opinion were the top players then they add in something like "most accounts" when they have no clue . Go by UA senior AA and Inside lax ranking and stop with your personal opinion . As far as size ,all things being equal give me the bigger kid , thing is rarely are all things equal.

There is no problem. Here is the thing... the post was in response to a question. The "list" was not random and it was not put out there as one persons opinion. The names were posted in order to give the parent of a younger player some facts that were based on reality.

It was not the "opinion" of the person who posted the names (it was the "opinion" of the coaches of the best college programs that was being pointed out. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all of the girls are or were listed by Inside Lacrosse as "top" high school players/recruits. The very fact that they were all recruited by the top college programs, ranked by Inside lacrosse and played in the Under Armour games or for Team USA would seem to indicate "most accounts".

It is amazing to see all of the bitterness come out and watch the haters carry on because their daughter was not mentioned. As far as "size" goes, that was the point of the whole thing. The best college coaches from the best college programs recruited the girls that were listed. Sorry, but if your daughter is 5'8 or 5'10" and you think that height gives her an advantage or makes her better you are most likely wrong (not knocking height but it really is not a factor). Now, if she is also has great skills, is really fast, has a high IQ, hustles all over the field and North Carolina, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Florida etc... all made offers then maybe you have an argument. The original post also said "there are many good players" ... we all know that there are a few more than six per class that are considered "top recruits" from Long Island (but not many more).

Getting back to the point, the facts speak for themselves. The players listed are all excellent players who have been recognized by the top college coaches, UA, IL, USA lacrosse and others as being the top players from Long Island in their respective age group/classes. Their height had nothing to do with the recruiting process.

You can argue all you want and mock the players and the person who posted the response but again the facts are the facts, All of the players were "recruited" by the top programs in the country and the players height was not a factor. That is what the original post was pointing out to the person who asked the question.

If you want to bring posters daughters in this let me guess your short stature daughter is one of the players on the list and you are so insecure because she was never really a top player you now are overly sensitive when someone questions it.
You said correct you if you are wrong so here you go ,many of those listed were not listed as top recruits by inside lacrosse nor were they selected to play in the senior UA game. As far as being recruited by the top college programs some of those schools were not top college programs when they committed and many were told by other top programs that they were not interested etc.
In the end many programs do tend to take certain type players but of course do make exceptions. I generally would not make any list with names nor call anyone name out but just take k.o.as an example . I use her because I believe she is easily the best offensive player in the country but was not that highly recruited and yes she was a concern for some top programs , they may have been wrong but many top programs do consider size in their decisions:

Poster child for hater. Do you hear yourself? You bitterness comes through loud and clear. You attempt to tear down players and college programs is nuts.

The post that started all of this was intended to help a parent. The post did not attack anyone or put anyone down. The post showed that many of the top players on the island were recruited by many of the top programs and the players height did not hinder them in the process.

As usual, the lunatics can't control themselves when their daughter is not mentioned so they attack the players , the programs and the parents.