Originally Posted by Anonymous
Until they do away with LI Newsday that publishes the point leaders and colleges that publish kids bios with HS points selfish me first play will continue. I agree with poster above that girls with endless motors are the real deal but on LI we have too many girls that run into a defensive wall, back out and reset, run into a defensive wall, back out and reset, do it again and either score or turn it over.

Most teams have girls that score tons of meaningless goals in their quest to stat pad. Its a beautiful team game when played and coached properly but was too much me first lately

Yes, there is no shortage of selfish players. However, those players are not the top players. Oh yes, they will be recruited and the parents will consider them top tier but in reality they are not. I have watched the crazies while both of mine went through the recruiting process. While the top players are receiving offers from the best programs and their daughter is not they are beside themselves. They will make excuses and blame coaches and club directors but they will never get it. Some of us understand (where our daughters fall) so when Carolina doesn't come calling we are not surprised. Many do not and they will hate on the players that do receive offers from the top programs. Some people look at stats because they do not know how to evaluate anything else. From what I have seen over the years if you want to know where your daughter stands just take a look at which programs are extending offers. If Maryland, Carolina, Northwestern, Penn State and Florida are beating down the door it is pretty safe to say the player is top tier. If the top programs are not offering... Well, some of us get the picture. Some will make excuses or blame somebody and then tell you she had many offers from the top programs but chose xyz (not top program) instead.