Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk is deeper and has been for years ,the top B,C,D teams all play one another . A in Suffolk is weak , just look at West Islip who would have been ranked 1 in A but are ranked I think 6 in the BCD division .

Past 3 years, Nassau 4 state titles and Suffolk 3, Past 5 years Nassau 5 and Suffolk 6, past 10 years, Nassau 12 and Suffolk 11, past 15 years Nassau 15 and Suffolk 13. Looks even to me... (nysphsaa.org).

Agree it is an even split of who wins LI championships each year. Nassau and Suffolk each have several top teams that are about equal and flip flop wins. Difference is Suffolk always has more quality teams that eliminate each other in playoffs just to get to LI championship. So it is true that Suffolk has more quality teams or more depth or whatever all the earlier posts mentioned.

All the more reason to have a Nassau v Suffolk tourney. #1 to continue to grow and attract attention to sport #2 to continue to play against quality opponents which will result in LI becoming more stronger of a region (as the sport continues to expand to the west and south). I like the ideas of an early season tourney.. I guess we may larady something similar (not exactly but similar in the gains for brains tourney https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/180011/308.html