Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't call In soccer stats, basketball stats, tennis stats, bowling stats... what is up with lax parents? Let it go, that's life. Teach your children what you believe is right. Stats will always be part of sports. I guess we should do away with Joe D's 56 game hitting streak or Babe Ruth's 60 homers, maybe we should throw away all of our Olympic athletes Personal achievements. Who cares who actually finishes first in this years NYC marathon, lets just post who finished in alphabetical order. And forget the PGA tour, let's just all have fun out there. Are you people kidding me!!!!!!!!!

There should be stats most definitely but also include ground balls and draw controls...fair?

Don't call In soccer stats, basketball stats, tennis stats, bowling stats... what is up with lax parents? Let it go, that's life. Teach your children what you believe is right. Stats will always be part of sports. I guess we should do away with Joe D's 56 game hitting streak or Babe Ruth's 60 homers, maybe we should throw away all of our Olympic athletes Personal achievements. Who cares who actually finishes first in this years NYC marathon, lets just post who finished in alphabetical order. And forget the PGA tour, let's just all have fun out there. Are you people kidding me!!!!!!!!!

There should be stats most definitely but also include ground balls and draw controls...fair?

More than fair and should be implemented immediately. This one decision would eliminate a great amount of problems with the adults in girls’ high school lacrosse.

More than fair and should be implemented immediately. This one decision would eliminate a great amount of problems with the adults in girls’ high school lacrosse.

SHA last year included in one of their post game Newsday write-ups, the number of Caused TurnOvers one of their defenders had in the game. Clearly the CTOs made a difference in the game because it gave possession back to SHA so that they could score. The SHA coach recognized the impact on the game of this player and took the time to give credit to the player in the write up. Kudos to that coach! More should do it. The stat book has a place for CTOs along with ground balls and draw controls, crucial stats in a game.
The info is there, but the coaches don’t get paid to write quality articles in 15 minutes after a game, it’s easier just to give the easy stats: goals, assists and saves. It’s life, get over it.