Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I could be wrong but is it possible that of all the players that were named first team all Americans this year in D1 not one of them represented the USA playing for the U19 team . That cannot possibly be correct .If that is true how do you explain that other than one of those processes are overly political.

Interesting. I would not have guessed that to be the case, but I think you are correct. Seniors would have been too old to be considered for that U19 team, but even including 2nd and 3rd AA teams there are only a couple of names in common for Fr, So, Jr players. Just goes to show that people put too much importance and get too worked up about teams like UA, U19, etc. It is what it is. Great experience for the girls selected, and we should all try to be happy for them even if our daughters weren’t selected because the players do not control the process. But, making these teams has no bearing on future success and accolades on college team.

I think the seniors could have made the previous U19 team but none did. Just seems like a strange coincidence but hopefully it gives some of these parents who are spouting off about their kids some humility. The posters on here who are stating that the whole U19 process is political are ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the parents of kids who made the cut so far and say no politics play a role. If you are trying to make it a true tryout process then the selected coaches of the team should not be involved in the selection process until the final cuts and evaluators should not be evaluating players they have a relationship with that may be perceived as a conflict .Now you will get the longwinded braggart who thinks KAH is the greatest coach in history and should be allowed to pick "her" team, the thing is its not her team.