Originally Posted by Anonymous
I didn’t realize that D1’s were allowed to personally text a 2023 student. I think colleges contacting clubs expressing interest is a positive sign but the personal text might be a violation of NCAA rules. My 2023 DD only communicates one on one at this point with d2 and d3. Hopeful for contact on Sept 1 from D1’s, but we are waiting to have our recruiting director put the effort forward with the best matches and expect to have a better idea come September.
It’s a general txt w/ a questionnaire-there is no communication so it is not a violation. My daughter (a 22) had many through out last summer from 2 specific schools that sent her a txt w/ questions to answer. Those schools contacted her at midnight on Sept 1st.

Yes My 22 had this happen too via email When she got them she reached out to her HS coach who reached out to the college coach on her behalf to get the conversation started. It worked out well. Good luck to you.

Ok, got it. My 23 got these but via her sports recruits account. A text sounds a lot more direct/personally directed.