Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, it's a big deal that your kid has been a varsity starter since birth on a no name school!

Oddly you are 100%, unwittingly, supporting exactly what I am saying. The HS team is completely meaningless! Starter on whatever team, since whenever, only means something maybe at Garden City. But a top club/ top team player who makes all the select team nominations, all the County lists and all the awards, all the other odd lists etc... Now you got something. I will state it again, HS team is completely meaningless, no name school or not, starter for whatever grade, they need to make their mark elsewhere! Often the two go hand in hand, many of those impact players have that same effect across the board- travel. school, select teams, lists etc... I have to say of all the sports, this has to be the one that spawns the most jealousy and parent animonsity of them all. I will also say that the sport has served my kids extremely well, we have gotten a lot more out of it, than what we invested into it. But also sad to say, I can't stand most of the people involved in this, so many haters, so many jealous people. Maybe it is just the nature of people spilling their guts on the internet, but I just do not like the most of you, at least all the complainers, especially after a try-out that does not go your way![/quote]

Well said.