Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was at both UA and U19.
The U19 was much more competitive and difficult.
The U19 had better athletes. All the players were A+ players.
UA has a range of A+ to B level talent.
Just the workout alone at the U19 was worth spending the weekend.
I would recommend it to any player that wants to play college lacrosse!

I assume that you are referencing the Under Armour Underclass Tournament (288 players). I would expect the competition to be tougher at the U19 Tryouts (109 players) due to the fact that 2018's and 2017's were at the U19 Tryouts. Under Armour is by far the most competitive tournament around. The Senior All-American game is the highest level of High School competition (44 players). When compairing the rosters of the 44 Under Armour All-Americans and the list of players who were invited to try out for the US Team I see many of the same names. When you throw in the 2019's and 2020's many who also competed at Under Armour and were considered standouts you are going to have a very competitive situation. More than 500 players applied to tryout. The coaches invited 109 players. I am sure that all of the players at the tryout were very strong. No easy way to select the team, too many good players to choose from. There will never be a clear drop off at a given number. I watched the video of the tryouts and read and listened to what KAH said they were looking for. It looks to me like they told the players what they were looking for and I have to believe they held true during their evaluations. I don't like the disproportionate number of Northwestern Players but I get it and I absolutely believe that the coach of any team should have more of a say than anyone else.

There is no shortage of haters on here who will complain about the tryouts and then sit around wishing for the players who made it to fail in some way. I choose to wish the players and the coaches well.

109 players went out and gave their best effort. They should all be proud it is an honor to be invited to such a tryout.

I was talking about the level of competition, not making the UA team. The U19 team may be more difficult to make, but after that there is no competition, not exciting, nobody cares. Where as in the UA games there are many talented girls spread over many teams, making for great lacrosse. Have fun playing team Israel!