Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Momofthree

Ummm... lacrosse is a team game. A concept so many of you struggle with.

Not on LI its not. Me Me Me. Such a shame

Not on the teams that win. The sad part is that the parents, players and the coaches who allow selfish play dot not realize how detrimental it is to the team. One selfish player can negatively impact a team two or three will destroy any chance of winning a championship. But hey, if Precious scores a few goals all is well in the world.

You automatically assume if a player has a lot of goals that she is a ball hog. That's not the case. Not everyone can put it in the net. Wake up!

Where was Ball Hog mentioned? Where did it say anything negative about a player scoring a lot of goals being a bad thing?

The post referred to "selfish play" as being a detriment to the team. Teams with coaches who permit selfish play will not win a championship. If you can not identify selfish play you must not understand the sport. So keep telling your daughter to "put it in the net" . Good coaches do not discourage players from scoring , but they do not tolerate selfish play. You are a little sensitive and defensive.

Ok genius.... what constitutes selfish play? Tell your daughter to practice more....or that might not even help her.

Another meathead who knows very little. Not sure why I am bothering to answer as I am not the one who's post you are responding to but here you go.

How about not working off ball to help your teammates? How about standing around doing nothing when you do not have the ball? How about getting in the way of your teammates? How about not setting picks? How about not redefending with the same effort as you use when going to the goal? How bout not communicating? How about jogging or better yet walking when you should be sprinting? How about being out of position while off-ball when playing D? How about not sliding? How about looking to the official with palms up after you have a turnover instead of hustling to get back on D? How about holding the ball when it should be moved? How about clogging the 8? How about not understang what the coach wants you do do? How about running the ball for 30 or 40 yards when teammates are open up the field? How about trying to run through three girls? How about taking poor shots that result in easy saves (turnovers)? How about just being lazy when you are not going to the goal with the ball in your stick? How about not backing up a shot? How about simply being out of position?

Lazy play is selfish play and selfish play will always hurt the team.