Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Momofthree

Ummm... lacrosse is a team game. A concept so many of you struggle with.

Not on LI its not. Me Me Me. Such a shame

Not on the teams that win. The sad part is that the parents, players and the coaches who allow selfish play dot not realize how detrimental it is to the team. One selfish player can negatively impact a team two or three will destroy any chance of winning a championship. But hey, if Precious scores a few goals all is well in the world.

You automatically assume if a player has a lot of goals that she is a ball hog. That's not the case. Not everyone can put it in the net. Wake up!

Where was Ball Hog mentioned? Where did it say anything negative about a player scoring a lot of goals being a bad thing?

The post referred to "selfish play" as being a detriment to the team. Teams with coaches who permit selfish play will not win a championship. If you can not identify selfish play you must not understand the sport. So keep telling your daughter to "put it in the net" . Good coaches do not discourage players from scoring , but they do not tolerate selfish play. You are a little sensitive and defensive.