Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s comical how people who’s kids probably never made or played varsity YET say travel is way better competition.It’s not even a close comparison.Next we’ll hear how high level travel is more competitive than college.When you stop paying for the travel circuit some may come to their senses trying to justify getting ripped off to wear a certain uniform.

Sorry, It does not appear that you have a firm grasp on reality. I just looked quickly at the college commitment list for the Yellow Jackets 2022 class. Here is a quick breakdown.

18 Soffolk County HS Represented.
37 total commits from suffolk

4 Top Tier commits ( Top 20 type programs) from Suffolk County
also, 4 suffolk kids committed to SBU.

the balance of players going to to a variety of schools acrosse DI, DII and DIII.
Sorry but I do not believe that there is a HS in Suffolk that has 7 or more seniors on the roster heading to Top 20 DI schools. More like 1 or 2.
The Top Club teams do have several more top notch players.

Obviously the Long Island / Suffolk County talent is spread out.

This line of thinking is flawed because it is isolating it to just the Seniors. Long Island is so talent rich there is a deep Junior, Sophomore, and at some schools Freshman class who have top players/contributors at the Varsity level. I do understand some high schools are not fortunate to have such an embarrassment of riches, but there are enough schools to go around in Suffolk that do maintain this scenario, that it is indeed a talent-rich place to play. And to some of the other posters points, its at truer measure because the coaches play the best players because they want to win. There are no politics.

No politics, really? Do players not improve from 9yh to 12th grade? There are only 20 - 30 legit top tier players per grad year spread out all across all of Long Island, there is not embarrassment of riches. The level Talent on the field when Top club teams (rising seniors) compete far exceeds the level of talent on the field in any Long Island HS game. Why do you think the best players go to the best club teams? They do it because they want to play with and against the best competition and the best players do not all come from one town and they certainly do not all come Long Island let alone Suffolk County.

As far as recruiting goes, I have had two go through the process, one was heavily recruited by several schools, we narrowed it down to 6 and she received offers from all (three current Top 5, one current Top 10, one current Top 20 and one from a program that is not usually ranked). The other was not heavily recruited and did not receive any offers from teams that were Top 20 at the time they were going through the recruiting process. Had interest from a number of schools but none were beating down the door. Narrowed it down to four and accepted an offer from a great school with a decent lacrosse program. HS Coach was not involved with their club teams and the HS Coach had no involvement with the recruiting process. College coaches watched them play primarily at Summer and Fall tournaments as well as one major winter recruiting camp and a few prospect days (one of which was kind of invite only at a Top 5 program).

The recruiting process will be different for everyone and If the HS coach is very involved with a major club and coaches your daughter on her club team I'm sure they will be involved in the recruiting process.