Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a question my BAC community, My daughter plays club she is an average player. She could become better with more coaching and strong coaching at that. She is still undecided as to what school she really wants to attend SJB or SA. My husband and I are not interested in the teams records or past performance, because in Catholic you only play a hand full of school in the division anyway. We value the coaches abilities to make 50/50 players 70/30 or even 80/20. She also does soccer, but she wants to focus on lacrosse as primary. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Athletics shouldn't be the primary reason for choosing a school. Let her choose the school that is the right feel for her. both of those schools have excellent athletics and academics.

Yes, you should focus on what feels like the best fit for your daughter academically, socially and extracurriculars. I have had girls in the catholic system for many years. If your daughter is "Average", she might not make STA's and if she does, won't see the field. There are D1 commits who don't play in games. SJB coach is good, has had some down years the last 2, but SJB will be much easier to make the team than at STA's.