Originally Posted by Anonymous
A kid is the so-called best player on a team should NEVER allow herself to be face guarded. Work with your teammates to get you the ball. Get the ball in transitions, and off the end line after shots..
Now if a coach allows that player to be shut and is willing to play 6v6, then that’s another story.

NP Is top in A this year….can’t deny the record, but there are 7-10 B and C teams that would beat them. An unbiased eye would not argue that

Coach allows it. End of story

Best player or not. If ur face guarded and your team does not work to get u off the FC other coach wins. Ur team or maybe ur coach should tell kids to at least try more than a few times to get that kid the ball. I put it on the coach. kids r kids

My daughter got face guarded. Coach had her stand on the field up by the restraining line or next to him half the game. I don't get that. Have your girls set screens. There's a reason why they are face guarding a player.

Lacrosse is best played, and best watched as a free ball movement sport. Single player isolation offense is just hard to watch and if you have to work that hard to get your isolation player the ball, it is probably not worth it, unless the entire rest of the team is incapable of scoring without the iso player. Most coaches, myself included, would rather bring the kid to side or restraining line and open up the 12 meter space. A 6 v 6 offense is so much easier to score with than a 7 v 7, so unless the rest of the team is incapable of scoring, you take advantage of the 6 v 6 offense that you get with a face guard.

Well said. 6 v 6 makes it easier on the offense. That said, maybe some coaches use the face guard because they do not believe their players can stop the offensive player if they get the ball.