Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think this creates even more unnecessary uncertainty.

1. We don't know if the IWLCA will hold its annual meeting. Depending on the conditions, it might seem hypocritical to say that it is unsafe for HS player and their families to participate in an outdoor tournament in November, while encouraging 1000 college coaches (many of whom are older than me) to gather at an INDOOR facility. If IWLCA cancels their annual meeting, will coaches even travel to Florida?

2. The travel time from Wellington, FL to Naples, Fl is over 2 hours. A large part of the route is driving through the Everglades, so there is no midpoint area to stay. I would think the coaches would have to split up if they want to attend both. Last November, i spent over $1000 on lodging, airfare, and car rental. Given the cost and the current economic environment, I don't think you can assume they can afford to visit both locations Door_Open_And they decide to travel to FL. Which one do they choose if they can only pick one? LLL Florida with 20% of the 2022s playing? The top clubs are supposedly going to LLL, but not every club that gets invited is actually a top club. I'm also assuming that most clubs are also bringing their B or even C teams, too. Or Presidents Cup with 80% of the 2022s playing?

It was a lot simpler last year.

Coaches are going to be focused on the 2023s because there will be a glut of girls in college teams due to the extra year of eligibility. 2021s have it worst, they really got screwed if they’re not already committed or are elite!

Not sure about. The 2023s are just as affected by the extra year of eligibility as the 2022s. This year's college freshmen are capable of taking positions from the 2023s just as this year's college sophomores are capable of doing the same thing to the 2022s.