Originally Posted by Anonymous
Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores? Story lines? A lot of big scoring?

Watch Newsday and girls and their parents load up those points against inferior competition. Who will be the first to put a 20 spot on a team like Copagiue. Stat padding and poor coaching

OK. So that sounds like a positive and upbeat attitude to start the season!

Newsday and Long Island Girls High School lacrosse are irrelevant. So are the incompetent coaches, the selfish players and the delusional parents. If your daughter is fortunate enough to play for one of the 8 - 10 strong programs consider yourself and your daughter lucky.

This will not sit well with some of you but ... Thank God for Club Lacrosse. Club Lacrosse has provided an outlet for many girls and allowed them to be recognized so that they can continue to pursue their passion at the next level. Newsday, inflated statistics, incompetent coaches, selfish players, meaningless honors and insane parents are all irrelevant. Every college coach who recruited my daughter said that they could care less about HS Lacrosse (yes, the situation was discussed). We were told by the coaches that they saw what they needed to see during the summer and that they really do not pay attention to the HS season. This was our first go round so I ask a lot of questions and it became very clear to me that HS was all BS. Maybe if your daughter plays for a good coach at GC, Manhasset, Mt.Sinai, ESM, WI, BBP etc your daughter will have a fun and meaningful HS career. For many the HS experience is not positive. Incompetent coaches, selfish players and bad sidelines ruin any chance of a fun positive experience. We were fortunate to have Club Lacrosse and we are grateful that our daughter will attend a great school with a competitive lacrosse team and a great coach.