Originally Posted by Anonymous
the thing i don't understand is the kid doesn't even attend the high school? how are they playing for the high school? let them be kids, play with her friends and classmates. not a single person is going to get a college scholarship in 7/8th grade. Its for parents to get their ego stroked and tell their friends my kid plays Varsity lacrosse and she is in 7/8th grade. Just like the glorified stickers and magnets on cars stating which club your kid plays for.

My daughter wasn't pulled up with a scholarship in mind. Her skills just happened to surpass her peers. Moving her up wasn't taken lightly. We all ("we" as in us as her parents, the coaches, and the athletic director) felt we were doing her a disservice by having her play middle school in 8th grade. It's not about bragging rights (for us anyway). We feel our 8th grader could have held her own with the varsity team, but she was better served being a starter on JV as opposed to getting "some" playing time on varsity. Sometimes there are 8th grade kids who are better served being starters on varsity. Every kid and team is different and that all needs to be taken into consideration.