Originally Posted by Anonymous
On the sports that no one cares and lose money, its very easy to say if you don't have the grades you don't get in to the school. Soccer Lacrosse Volleyball Softball Crew etc etc

But how in the world could they ever enforce that for Football and Mens Basketball? Coming into March Madness time of year and it shocks me every year that kids going to Duke, UNC and other GREAT schools can barely speak during interviews. Same in college football. Its a real problem for these schools that walk in their recruits every year bypassing the rigorous admission process

I've had several of my children play D1 sports in 3 different schools in 3 different states. They girls told me that in each of their schools the boys were held to different standards, from academics to behavior outside of their sports. One dated a basketball player who literally did not have to attend class! The boys would party it up and the girls had "dry season." My girls' teams got drug tested, my son's team *never* did. Ever. It's a bunch of BS.