Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to lacrosse magazine , not only are your 3 amigos all holdbacks but one cant even play in high school this year because she is too old , ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is your Jealousy.

Maybe they are jealous but I understand it. I find it somewhat annoying when people work the system and if all parents decided to hold back their kids to gain an advantage it would get ridiculous. Do you think all parents should hold their kids back to gain an athletic advantage ? Say what you want but these kids would not be getting the attention they are if they played on age.

Yes, they would. All are excellent players. There are some people who just can not stand to see other players receive more recognition than their daughter. If you want a reality check simply look at the schools that made / make offers to your daughter and how much athletic money the school offers. If the player is receiving scholarship offers from North Carolina, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse etc... she is most likely a stud. If the offers come from teams that are outside the Top 20 most years the player is most likely not a top tier player.

Congratulations to each and every player who is recognized by Inside Lacrosse, US Lacrosse, Under Armour etc... and shame on all miserable bitter parents who want to attack and tear down these players. Remember, it is not the parent or the player that does the "hyping".

If your daughter was that good she would be recognized.

Couple issues with your post . First it’s pompous to say they would be getting the same amount of attention if they played on age and also disparaging of the top players from the year ahead of them .Simply put if they were in college as freshman this year as they are supposed to be none of them would be a lock for being starters let alone seeing a lot of playing time , obviously you would disagree but would be easy to prove you wrong .
When you say it’s not the parent doing the hyping again I think you are being purposely misleading . Of the 3 you have one who has a relative who essentially runs US lacrosse and many believe this has assured her of many of those accolades , you have another whose job is marketing and is very connected in the lax community doing a tremendous job of making his daughter the most highly acclaimed player in the history of high school lacrosse . Not as familiar with the other one but seems a very good athlete as she has many high level awards in other sports so I will go with just a really good athlete .
Yes I am jealous but more so that I did not have the thought or strength to hold mine back . She had many of those offers you referred to playing on age but you can’t help but think imagine how much easier it would have been to do it against younger players .