Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because players travel to tryout. I’m sure there have been LI players on the Conny, or other tri-state teams over the past several years. Not the first time this has happened.

The CT girl was also on LI Yellow Jackets for club.

Wait, does she not go to practice if playing for YJ and living in CT. How does that work. I actually have also seen girls from FL and Ohio on YJ lol not sure how this works

It’s called team stacking. Boys teams do it all the time. Just show up to tournaments. I thought All-America had a rule that you had to try out in your home region?

That's never been a real thing. A prominent 2024 that always wears a pink bow in her hair didn't make it in her region a few years back, so she tried out for a team smack dab in the middle of the country and made it. If you look at the West roster this year, you'll see some kids tried out for AA while out there for another tournament. This isn't a problem, as the West isn't always the strongest group. Further, the tournament has pulled kids from other regions to fill out rosters when needed.

It happens. Often.