Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do schools pay all expenses for both parents to accompany their daughter on an official visit?

No, they dont.
For certain schools you can talk your way into going along all expenses paid. It happened with my in laws. Player was a goalie.

They did for my daughter.

Every situation is different. Recruits are not considered equal by coaches, programs have different budgets, not every player that a coach talks to is invited on an official visit.

My daughter took 4 official visits, the West coast teams paid her airfare, we paid for ours. They paid all other expenses for all of us. Room and food. The two east coast teams paid for everything including our gas and tolls. Obviously no airfare on the two east coast teams she visited.

That's awesome! Did your daughter receive formal offers on the visits, including scholarship amounts? Did they give her a time frame or try to sway you away from visiting other schools? Thanks for any information you can share.

Our daughter received offers on her 4 trips. We received an itinerary when we got on campus from the coaching staff. We had appointments to meet with the Head coach. In those meetings we received her offers. No one gave us a deadline. But from what I’ve heard that’s not the case with all schools. Also not all athletes on the visits receive offers on their trip. We were at one school with 12 athletes and only 4 received offers from what we know. On one of our visits our daughter received a call from a school that we already visited and increased her offer substantially. Told our daughter to please do not commit till she speaks to her again after the visit we were on. These coaches talk. How she knew we were at another school surprised us. After her 4th official visit she took about 4 days to make her decision. She knew all along where she wanted to go, but we made her take a few days anyway. We made her call the other schools to thank them and let them know she would be committing elsewhere just to be courteous.