You are indulging because you must have a guilty conscience.
Or indulging because you think now you’re an lax know it all who is in the know.
Or indulging because deep down you know there were other deserving kids who could of and should of made that team.
Or indulging because after thinking about it, you realized that relationships built at the club level do have an impact when conversations are being had about players - not having for and against. Self promoting conversations.
And of course you’ll backhand comment how your daughter is on a Top 10 team - and anyone’s who denies her talent obviously is jealous and that any person and by association their daughter couldn’t of been recruited nearly as heavily as your special Top 10 gift to women’s lacrosse.

Newsflash. I look forward to the upcoming season and seeing a large number of talented kids and teams play. Certainly more than 18 of them.
But you are right, you won’t be able to see me on the sidelines. Only because you’ll be too busy keeping stats in your head, wearing your USA gear telling anyone who listens how special it was, or better yet you’ll be wearing your daughters team issued lacrosse gear hand me downs. Or your Top 10 hat will cloud your already delusional vision.

And it won’t change the the fact you’re on a lax board looking for validation of specialness, awesomeness, and success.