Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big pickup for Coppermine from M&D. Will be the focus on their offense going forward. I see Coppermine now as a top 15 team, maybe higher.

Was she cut from M&D or never saw the field? I can’t imagine any other reason for leaving a top club (and team) for one that is ok and has no recruiting history.

Some of you think every M&D and HG player is going to a top-10 program and nobody else on any other club will.

If she is the 4th 5th option at M&D on offense, she certainly could make an impact on a Coppermine and could showcase her skills better in that environment. Not fool to think that it is a better fit. Seems Coppermine has a lot of momentum right now, starting at 2027 and lower.

I would argue the momentum starts with their premier 2028 team, but I digress. In HS, wins and losses really don’t matter, and teams play equal playing time (or should). So it still doesn’t make sense to leave a top ranked club with a fantastic recruiting record for one that literally has no recruiting record. Unless you were cut.

50/50 PT, which is reality is very hard to actually produce even with efforts of the coach, doesn't mean you would have same production. Kids have different roles on different teams. If she was unhappy with her role, makes sense to go to another team with a need for her skillset.