Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have no idea what you are talking about. Did TLC have a girl play in the final four this year? Do they have a MD commit? Do they have a Penn St commit?

Again, MDU is the 3rd best club right now in the state. Now if those middle school and lower girls on MDU go to another club for HS, sure, that will change, but end of day, who is developing those girls?
Recruiting is always looking in the past. I could care less who SW or TLC had recruit in 2018 class.

Coppermine right there, that's debatable based on the 2028 2029 teams for sure.

Here’s the thing. College coaches could care less about the NGLL t shirts that parents like to brag about. If you look at who is most successful in both recruiting AND girls who play and make a difference on their college teams, the best clubs in the state are M&D and Skywalkers. SW always struggles at the younger teams. This is not a new phenomenon for them, at all. But they get strong in the years that it counts, make good placements for their girls, and many of those girls are actually difference makers on their college teams - not girls who ride the pine.

Until MDU starts actually having solid recruiting years they will not be on the same level.

Basically, the success SW has is from getting other clubs to develop players and hoping they come to SW based on reputation. SW is terrible at younger ages. Those SW likely will be replaced by other better players.

Is SW 2027 is going to ever beat the clubs like M&D, HG, MDU, its going to be from getting those kids to play for them or BLC other players migrating. Maybe it happens.

This is mostly an agreeable take. Looking at the the SW teams, an approximate 1/3 to 2/5s of the younger players stay with the team throughout (until graduation). Yes, SW will have the luxury of cherry picking added players. And, that's fine--proves the point that the franchise brand is strong (41 players in this year's D1 tourney). How SW maintains its brand is irrelevant unless we are really stuck arguing about the current 27s which is fun for discussion sake (eh hem Coppermine), but irrelevant in the long run. Let's be fair here, all clubs change players--cut, upgrade, deal with personnel adjustments...all in an effort to get better for HS to college recruiting. And let's double down on that: when the girls are in HS, who beats who is slightly less important. As long as there is high-level competition--coaches will find your kid if they are a good player. Period. The SW24s play M&D strong, though I think M&D has the win edge by a good clip. All of those girls from both those teams are being looked at equally. No coaches are saying "let's not look at number x because they lost to M&D."

Hottake-turned-fact for my Coppermine slurpers: AT LEAST 5 Coppermine girls are trying for SWB this year. I promise it isn't because they think SWB is a sinking ship.

Several BLC, Coppermine, NEMS, Heroes and more are all coming out.

SW got exposed against true top 6 teams but can hang or beat with the rest and proved it recently against Pride, Primetime and Steps