Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'll answer that question too. Because while it's not as obvious to the first time middle school parents, high-level D1 colleges recruit primarily on speed and athletic ability. Fundamentals are also expected to be very good. The best players at middle school are by and large going to be the best players coming out of HS in the recruiting years (there are obviously exceptions in both directions). The club doesn't matter as much as the old legacy clubs like to imply. The top colleges are going to find the top players, no matter where they are. Coppermine is a big program, so it's not exactly like the colleges have to do a lot of digging to find them. They're all on Sportsrecruits. Right now at all MS and younger years, the top players are at Coppermine, and there is no longer any need to leave for HS. It's not any more complicated than that.

Any other questions?

Yes, do you honestly believe at the MS level, 27-29, the “top players” are at Coppermine?
All of them? No. Between SW, Coppermine, and NEMS which I believe were originally being discussed, yes. Even more so at the ages below that.

I get it. This is a Coppermine board under the premise of objectivity. Word is 3 of the Coppermine girls are going to try out for SW next year. The best part is "it's a secret." As long as they don't come to my team with these parents that need affirmation, more power to them. But, as another poster said, if the coaching doesn't change, they'll be in the same spot...except they'll also have more, ultra crappy parents to deal with. And no, Coppermine doesn't have anymore stars than NEMS or SW.

Love when I always see all the best girls will leave for SW every year like the quote about how 3 of Coppermine’s this year (but it’s a secret so don’t tell anyone). However I haven’t seen it yet. SW got a couple from a failed TLC, girls cut from other Top teams and a couple from Hero’s for their own personal reasons. Got to ask why? Coppermine seems well coached and have yet to lose to SW so why would girls jump ship to one that can’t beat them? Are issues there that I may not be aware of or my friend there does mention to me? If we lived closer we pick Coppermine over SW based on current teams.

"My friend there." Stop. It's you. You're the fool behind the curtain, the curtain and the clown dancing on the stage. Let's wait and see. Tryouts are only a few months away. The odds guys would be great here. You'll lose a few of your girls trying to go elsewhere, mainly SW. That is, unless the parents are actually lying.