Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playoff Predictions

M&D v Stars (1v8)...M&D -14
M&D machine starts revving up about this time of the year. Look for a quick and decisive game to be well over before halftime. I don't see a scenario where M&D pulls off the dogs. As they need to stay sharp for the tougher upcoming playoffs.

Hero's Green v Hero's White (2v7)...Green -8
White is well coached. And have a couple of really talented players. But Green athleticism is too much and they too start kicking in high gear around this time. White plays it close for a while. But not enough to keep it close for 2 halves.

BLC v Coppermine (3v6)....BLC -7
Look for BLC to get up quickly on Coppermine...then fall back into the defensive scheme they are known for. I can see a 10-2 or 10-3 type game. BLC is hard to come back on. But props to Coppermine. They beat the teams they needed to beat, even though most pundits counted them out. Earning a 6 seed for a team most people never believed in should be commended.

Pride v MDU (4v5 in either order)....MDU -1.5
MDU beat Pride in week 1 by 2 goals. But that was just foreshadowing how both teams seasons would go. Both teams tend to play close games regardless of competition. Which can be a head scratcher. I would expect another close game and wouldn't be surprised if Pride won. I just have a feeling MDU has things running a little smoother. And will pull it out in the last 5 minutes. This is the best game of the weekend by far.

Regardless of the outcome. Getting though this gauntlet is really the toughest part of the whole NGLL season. Mid-Atlantic offers the best competition. And by far the toughest road to make it to the National Tournament. Other regions have 2 or 3 teams battling over 1 weekend to go to the tournament in NC. Mid-Atlantic makes you earn it.

Right on target with 3 of the 4 with the exception being BLC & Coppermine. That game was much closer than expected and came down to the last seconds when BLC held off a couple of shots by Coppermine to win by 1. Congratulations to both teams on an exciting game as well to the other games today. Looking forward to next weekend’s predictions.