Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D would definitely be top 3 no matter what schedule they had but they also definitely have the easiest schedule. BLC has the toughest of the top tier teams. Finally the fields have it so all teams travel for games.

So the number 1 team in the country for the last 3 years would finish top 3 locally no matter what schedule? Great insight.

Helps getting the number 1 ranking when you make the schedule and always get an easy schedule where you can beat up on everyone. Otherwise could be number 2 or 3.

Hero's and M&D play hardest strength of schedule every year. That's why they are always on top. Can't be #1 playing cupcakes like your daughter's team

If you make it to the semis and finals of these summer tournaments then your SOS greatly goes up. But M&D has routinely played a weak NGLL schedule and this year not much different.
In their defense M&D can't play itself, which is typically hardest team on their opp schedule.

In theory this is probably correct. But if you look at the results from NGLL last year, it looks like they beat BLC and Hero's in semis and finals to win Mid-Atlantic. Then Eagle Stix and Madskilz to win the Nationals. So while the regular season is watered down, it looks like the playoffs both locally and nationally are quite the gauntlet.

While my daughter's team isn't the type of team that can compete with the likes of M&D and Hero's...I still like watching her play against them. Only way to get better is by playing the better teams.

While I am sure the Mid-Atlantic champion will come from one of the "big three"...it would be nice for my daughter's team to make the playoffs for once. Seems like a cool event.

With 8 playoff seeds this year, I think its possible for a darkhorse to make a run.
Very possible you see a HG vs M&D before the finals as well.