Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You think D1 coaches are going to watch M&D Red games?

my daughter played for red so i can answer this ..... yes there were plenty of D1 coaches at their games

Honest question here- are M&D Red and SW White today still as relevant in the 27’s & down as they were for the older ages? I thought the older teams still played in the A Division back then while now they play in the B Division against Rec Club Teams. Having more teams now playing in the A Division definitely waters it down but is it also watering down M&D Red and SW White? I saw some SW White 25 and M&D Red 25 games last fall and there were less College Coaches at those games than other lower A teams. Thoughts? Each kids needs to find the team that best suits their level of commitment & play but does the Club name alone still guarantee the best recruiting?[/quote]

M&D Red, Heros White and to a lesser degree SW White are still very relavant to recruiters. they usualy play in top 4 brackets in major tourneys, get lots of exposure and majority of team (but not all) will end up D1 or NESCAC.

One thing to be aware of though. is that these teams have massive turnover between 8th and 10th grade. A lot of girls who played on these teams during middle school (especially SW White and M&D Red), just aren't good enough when it comes to high school. They tend to attrack a lot of girls who are stars of B level teams like TLC, HoCo, Check-Hers, Uproar, who aren't good enough to make the top team, but are still D1 prospects and better than existing players. They will even get some girls from lower level A teams like Coppermine (historically) and NEMS who just want more exposure.

If you aren't a star of one of these top tier B teams now, you should be very worried about your roster spot after this summer.