Originally Posted by Anonymous
High school lax doesn’t really matter for recruiting, most of the coaches are in season and 💯 focused on their college teams.

I can argue for a lot of girls it just opens them up to injuries.
The coaches don’t sub, run the girls into the ground at practice and I’ve witnessed more acl/MLC injuries than I can count.

As someone who’s been through this twice already, I’m telling you just let the process play out and support your daughter. If she wants to play at the next level there is a team.

Club for recruiting. HS for preparation.

There are scouts out during the HS season. But club really is the foundation for recruiting, with those toyrney and games really being showcases. In fact, I know 2 kids that were out during more than 1 hs season and still got very good offers. I've not heard of the opposite (only HS and no club).

HS is still important for the girls to get a feel for the constant lax wear and tear, discipline and need to be a student all at once, even if they don't get much burn. Playoff and championship rotations, like in any sport, get moved down to 2 to 3 people, while during the year, there are usually 6-7 woman rotations. BUT the in-season daily grind is invaluable. Club in no way prepares kids for this the way in-season HS does.

Definitely need to keep these things in mind so the players can make a fair assessment of both their own abilities, their own desires and their own ability to withstand the NCAA gauntlet. It's a lot. A lot.