Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alliance, isn’t it an All Star team of mostly kids from CA that play for other clubs sans 2-3 tournaments a year?

Same with HHH National. Nothing against their talent but it’s kinda BS to count them in rankings when players are also rostered on other ranked teams.

In theory, you could take the American Select MD team and send them to Sand storm and some other West tournament, then have them ranked #1. Doesn’t make logical sense.

Alliance is not an all-star tea and at least at the 27 level, all but 3 players are from Southern California. They play 2 fall tourneys, 1 winter one and 4 summer tourneys. They move to the east coast for 3 weeks in the summer and have practices and camps like a college team.

They also have some "regional" teams which don't leave the west coast which some but not all players, play on to get additional games.

I don't think they are anywhere near as deep as a Heros or M&D. And since they play most girls, they can struggle in pool play. But I would not want to see them in a 20 minute playoff game

From my perspective, they have the best attacker at this age group in the country (by a decent margin) and a middy and low attacker who would start and be the primary option on any 2027 team in the country.

Historically, they have had multiple girls dual rosters which other top teams (mostly team 180) but this year with only one exception (at another age group) they are a dedicated team.

HHH National is very different. It's the top 12 or so players from HHH combined with girls from other clubs (mostly Mass Elite, Steps and Grizzlies). They are a true national team and only play a few tourneys.