Originally Posted by Anonymous
The heros / Skywalkers playoff game was wild, 4-3 HG
Not original poster, but wild=great, but unexpected game.

The game had a lot of back and forth, and seemed more like evenly matched teams, as opposed to HG crapping the bed and SW playing out of their minds. And, unlike some of the Saturday games, the refs stayed mostly out of the way. I doubt the game would stay close if it were 44 minutes. SW didn't appear to make any substitutions, so their play quality would have likely gone down significantly as time progressed.

HG goalie is elite. HG midswere physical and fast. Anything in the center of the field was subject to HG swarming.

The SW defense looked very solid--held off a pretty tough onslaught for a large part of the game. Their O offense looked way more composed than usual.

M&D HHH was blah. I will say I have not seen a team come out and plan full 1/2 field man defense at this level in a loooong time. Talk about downright disrepectful. To M&Ds credit, they have athletes and depth to pull it off. There were hitting on all cylinders.

Coppermine is solid. I put an asterisk on their win against BLC. BLC players just looked like they were ready to disband and move on, since that was the club's last game for the 27s.