Originally Posted by Anonymous
Plenty of SW alumni playing in that Maryland vs Northwestern game!

Plenty of SW alumni playing in that Maryland vs Northwestern game!

Yeah, whoever said alumni are subbers on the sideline is just trying to slander. There are so many former Skywalkers players having success in college, currently and in the past.

How much of SW pre-HS teams not competing is related to Coppermine? Was Coppermine around years ago when SW was dominating?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Coppermine started around 2016-2018. They also start young for their teams. I think they attract a lot of younger kids which does compete with SW and made TLC basically obsolete now. Their older HS teams had a harder time retaining the top talent because of tournaments they were being left out of however they are now being invited so girls that want to be recruited can be seen. They put a lot of kids in college but due their past inability to retain the top girls they are mostly at programs outside the top college teams. However that should change as they retain their top talent. That definitely has had an impact on the SW teams from the 27’s - 31’s. I don’t believe Coppermine 27’s to date have left for SW. I know some have left for M&D in past years though. They 28 team is #1 and 27 definitely competes with any team outside the Top 3.