Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lived in the Baltimore area about 8 years and find it so funny how people worry so much about what private HS their kids can go to thinking that gives them an advantage for a college scholarship to save the same money they spend on HS. Or is it more a status symbol in this area? Either way I don’t understand it with some really good public schools.

Its a complicated issue, but IAAM is the top lacrosse conference in the country and playing on a team and against those teams is really helpful.
From an academic perspective, there was always a gap from public to private and post-covid its widened even more. Its just the reality of the situation.

Historically lots of IAAM schools had reputations for great college placement especially into Ivies. As college recruiting placements have become more diverse, this edge had been greatly reduced.

There are some great public schools in MD, however, they tend to be in Bethesda, Potomac , and Rockville areas, not around the typical lax hotbeds. If you live in Arundel Country, most of Howard County or anything north of Baltimore, there really aren't many top public school options.

In terms of lax, IAAM is clearly the best competition, however, I have been many public school girls who start has freshman develop much quicker than some equally talented IAAM girls who ride the bench until junior or senior year.

Carroll County has produced at least one state champion 16 years in a row, dating back to 2006. Some years multiple (Liberty and Century last season for example) Yes you read that right, for 16 straight years a state champion(s) was a Carroll County school. I am guessing you are a PG county parent?

He/she would be Moco based on the cities mentioned not PG but, I get your point...